You can find answers to some of our most commonly asked questions here. But if you don't find what you're looking for, please get in touch.
- How can I make a restaurant reservation for larger groups?
For larger groups, please email email@example.com or ring to arrange. Provide us with the date and number of people and we will get back to you with our availability and the times available.
Please note, for larger group bookings, a deposit of £10 per person is required at the time of booking.
- Are children allowed in the restaurant?
Children are very welcome. We have our own children's menu which can be viewed here.
- Do you cater for different dietary requirements?
We are happy to cater for individual dietary needs wherever possible. Please inform us at the point of booking so our team can prepare.
Please note, we are unable to cater for vegans with afternoon teas but we are happy to offer something from our lunchtime menu which is vegan friendly.
- What is your restaurant cancellation policy?
Please notify us of any dinner cancellations at least 24 hours prior.
- Do you offer outdoor dining?
From April onwards, we will provide outdoor dining in specified outdoor areas. We are able to reserve outdoor tables but are unable to reserve an indoor table along with this booking should the weather be unpredictable.
- Do you have a car park?
Yes - we have plenty of free parking on site.
- Is Downham Hall accessible?
Our dining areas are all situated on the ground floor. We have one step on entering and we have a ramp that is available on request. Our bedrooms are all based on the first floor, and although we do not have a lift, our steps are shallow. We have a downstairs toilet that is big enough for a wheelchair with a hand pull.
- Do you have family rooms?
We do have a room suitable for families which can be made into a twin-bed room. Two rooms are also available with pull-out children's beds if requested. Pull-out beds are charged at £20 per bed. We have no adjoining rooms, however, as a small boutique hotel, our rooms are situated close to each other.
- Do you allow dogs?
Yes, we allow well-behaved dogs in the hotel to stay. Please note, they must be supervised at all times. If eating, we kindly ask that you use our outside terrace.
- What's included in your venue hire price?
- Event coordination from the moment you book
- Exclusive use of the venue and grounds from 11am on the day of your wedding
- A dedicated wedding coordinator on hand to oversee your perfect day
- Onsite parking for up to 45 cars
- Full use of the bridal dressing room from 8.30am
- Use of our sound system, allowing you to play your choice of music for your ceremony and wedding breakfast
- Cake stand and knife hire
- Round tables, Chivari chairs, white linen, silverware and glassware
- Licensed bar run by our team of experienced event staff
- DJ package from 7pm
- All 5 luxury bedrooms for an overnight stay with breakfast
- Christmas tree and decorations (December weddings only)
- What's not included in the price of our venue hire?
- Any registrar or celebrant fees for your ceremony
- Drinks packages
- What is the maximum capacity the venue can hold?
Downham Hall can hold up to 110 seated guests and up to 180 guests for the evening reception.
- Can we use our own caterers?
We are not set-up to successfully have external caterers and as such invest in our in house catering experience. We want to make sure that the quality of your food is perfect so our team of highly skilled chefs create everything in house, you will be invited along to a wedding tasting to help you select your menu
- Can we supply our own alcohol?
We kindly ask that no external alcohol is brought on to the premises here at Downham Hall. We are able to offer customisable drinks packages to suit all tastes and budgets and are more than happy to discuss your options during the planning process.
- Do we have to book all of the accommodation for the night of our wedding?
Yes. Although we also operate as a boutique hotel, all weddings are booked on an exclusive-use basis. Therefore, we require all 5 rooms to be booked by the wedding party on the night of your wedding. Accommodation may be paid for by the wedding couple in addition to their wedding package, or rooms can be allocated to wedding guests and they can make their own payments directly.
- What is the finishing time for music and the bar?
Last orders at the bar must be taken by 11.30pm. Music must then finish by 11.45pm.
- Do we have to use your preferred suppliers?
Here at Downham Hall, we do request that you opt for our DJ service that is included in the venue hire package for weddings and also ask that chair sashes and aisle carpets are booked either through us or directly with our preferred supplier to ensure the best quality and a seamless service.
For all other services, you are welcome to use your own suppliers, however, we do have a recommended suppliers list that provides you with trusted companies that know the venue well.
- Will anyone help us with decorations if we don't use any recommended suppliers?
In order to give you the best possible service and ensure that your wedding day runs perfectly, our staff will be focusing on behind the scenes, so will not be able to arrange any venue decoration for you. We would advise that you always use a supplier for this so you have fewer things to arrange. However, if this is not possible, we would recommend that your wedding party help with this.
- Do you allow fireworks?
We do not allow fireworks at Downham Hall out of consideration to our neighbours and nearby livestock.
- Can guests that didn't stay at Downham Hall join us for breakfast?
You are welcome to invite people to join you for breakfast the next morning. All we ask is that we are made aware in advance so we know how many people you would need us to cater for. The cost of breakfast would then need to be covered by either yourselves or the returning guests.
- Can I view the venue for an event or wedding?
You are very welcome to view the venue. For weddings, we kindly ask you to make an appointment to allow a member of our team enough time to show you around and explain the venue to you.
For other events, we recommend booking to guarantee that a member of the team can show you around. However, you are welcome to visit and look around yourself. Please note, on wedding days, some of our rooms may not be available to view.