Take Afternoon Tea at the Hall
With our Georgian Manor House as the venue, we are the perfect place for a spot of afternoon tea.
What is in a Downham Hall Afternoon Tea?
What do you get?
Afternoon Tea is the perfect way to celebrate for a special occasion such as a birthday or baby shower, we often provide our afternoon tea as part of a wedding, wake or other occasion. Visit out Celebrations page for more details.
- Children aged between 4-12 are charged £15 for an afternoon tea (we require prior notice of a child booking)
- If booking over the festive period and we are accommodating music alongside our afternoon teas, our prices may vary. This is displayed on your screen when making online bookings.
- We are unable to seat bookings in particular rooms on request. Tables will be allocated to rooms depending on which events are being held and how busy we are with bookings. If you do wish to request a particular table, we will, of course, do our best to accommodate.
- Cancellations, as we prepare in advance for the best experience we have some cancellation rules:
- Cancellations with no prior warning will be fully charged (this includes for example one member of the group being unable to attend on the day with no warning of a cancellation)
- Cancellations of groups of less than 3 people will not be charged if given 24 hours notice.
- Cancellations of 4 or more people over busy periods may risk being charged the full amount if we are advised within five days of the booking date.
- Cancellations of large group bookings of 10 or more within five days of the booking will be charged the full amount.
- Dietary Requirements
- If we are not informed of any dietary requirements prior to the day itself, we cannot guarantee we will be able to offer alternative sandwich fillings but will do our best.
- Cakes and scones come as standard.
- We are unable to offer gluten free afternoon teas but can provide a gluten free lunch on request so no-one needs to miss out on the day out.
- Please inform a member of staff if arriving with a buggy or wheelchair and we will accommodate and find the most suitable table and surrounding area.
- Please note a table booking is for a two hour period. We are happy for you to extend your booking if we do not need the table directly after this time.
- Please inform the team if booking for a special event and you require anything bespoke. You are welcome to decorate the table with a small balloon etc but we do not allow scatter crystals and similar for environmental reasons, they seem to end up in our moat and then into the water courses nearby.
- Please be mindful of others if bringing in large decorations. We are unable to accommodate extra large balloons or banners etc if the room is not exclusively yours.
We visited Downham Hall yesterday to enjoy afternoon tea as part of a surprise 70th birthday party. Upon arrival the staff were very welcoming and the food was of excellent quality, my mum who's birthday it was said it was the best afternoon tea she had had for a long time - lovely sandwiches and homemade scone :-). The hotel is stunning, with beautiful decorations and nothing was too much trouble for the team. We would definitely recommend afternoon tea at this beautiful hotel. Thank you again for hosting a lovely afternoon xAlison Rothon - Google Review