- What is included in your venue hire price?
- What is not included in the price of our venue hire?
- What is the maximum capacity the venue can hold?
- Can we use our own caterers?
- Can we supply our own alcohol?
- Do we have to book all of the accommodation for the night of our wedding?
- What is the finishing time for music and the bar?
- Do we have to use your preferred suppliers?
- We have decided not to use any suppliers for decoration, will anyone from the venue help us with dressing chair sashes and arranging flowers etc…?
- Do you allow fireworks?
- Can we invite some of our wedding guests back the next morning to join us for breakfast if they didn’t stay at Downham Hall the night before?
• Event coordination from the moment you book
• Exclusive use of the venue and grounds from 12 noon on the day of your wedding
• A dedicated wedding coordinator on hand to oversee your perfect day
• Onsite parking for up to 45 cars
• Full use of the Bridal changing room from 10.30am
• Use of our sound system, allowing you to play your choice of music for your ceremony and wedding breakfast
• Cake stand and knife
• Dance floor (only in marquee use)
• Garden Games
• Tables and chairs
• Licensed bar run by our team of experienced event staff
• Christmas tree and decorations (December weddings only)
• Any registrar costs for your ceremony
• Drinks packages
• Bedrooms – These are prices on top of your venue hire cost
Downham Hall can hold up to 120 seated guests and up to 220 guests for the evening reception.
To make sure that the quality of your food is perfect, we only allow our preferred caterers on-site here at Downham Hall. They know the venue well and offer a range of menus to suit all tastes and budgets.
We kindly ask that no external alcohol is brought on to the premises here at Downham Hall. We are able to offer customisable drinks packages to suit all tastes and budgets and are more than happy to discuss your options during the planning process.
Yes. Although we also operate as a boutique B&B, all weddings are booked on an exclusive use basis, therefore we require all 5 rooms to be booked by the wedding party on the night of your wedding. Accommodation may be paid for by the wedding couple in addition to their wedding package, or rooms can be allocated to wedding guests and they can make their own payments directly, so as not to add this to your wedding budget.
Last orders at the bar must be taken by 11.45pm. Music must then finish by midnight. A late licence is available on request for an additional fee.
Here at Downham Hall, we do request that you use one of our preferred caterers and DJ.
All DJ packages must be booked through us, as our resident DJ is provided by Essence Music Agency and prices start from £550.
For all other services, you are welcome to use your own suppliers however, we do have a recommended suppliers list that provides you with trusted companies that know the venue very well.
In order to give you the best possible service and ensure that your wedding day runs perfectly, our staff will be focusing on behind the scenes, so will not be able to arrange any venue decoration for you. We would advise that you always use a supplier for this in order for you to have less things to arrange. However, if this is not possible, we would recommend that your bridal group help with this.
We do not allow fireworks at Downham Hall out of consideration to our neighbours and nearby livestock.
You are welcome to invite people to join you for breakfast the next morning. All we ask is that we are made aware in advance how many people you would need us to cater for. The cost of breakfast would then need to be covered by either yourselves or the returning guests
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Keep up to date with our latest news, Special offers & more…
We are a beautiful family run wedding venue in the countryside
REQUEST A BROCHURE
Please fill in a few details to receive our wedding brochure.
We have carefully selected a handful of recommended suppliers for you.